Right now, the "ask" format has limited support.
- They don't render in all views (particularly blog search)
- Cannot directly tag them
- Notes only show up on the dash and sidebar views
- Cannot reblog a reblog (as in, someone reblogged one, and you want to respond)
- There is no icon for a note on an ask.
- There is no filter in the archives.
Apart from adding full support to address the issues, a simpler solution may be to make them text types. The interface will stay the same, but when you publish, it will
- Convert it to a text type
- The first 40 or so characters of the asked question become the title
- The asked question becomes an embedded quote
This would address everything except direct tagging, and make the asks much easier to track and follow.
Please sign in to leave a comment.